Janice B Gaines-Ehlen BS Proprietor
Licensed Massage Therapist
License #4580 since 1989
Licensed Esthetician and surfer!
From the late 1980's to 1996 Janice worked as an independent contractor for Gold's Gym in Portland Oregon. The business known as Motion Management which had offices in a number of gyms throughout the city offered services of massage therapy that focused on injury, rehab and sports massage. In addition she taught and lectured on fitness, nutrition, motivation and personal athletic training.
In 1996 Janice and her husband Mike Ehlen made Manzanita their home, since then Janice has had a successful private massage and wellness consulting practice. In the winter of 07-08 it is with great pride and passion that Janice presents Spa Manzanita - a full service day with emphasis on health, wellness and personalized services.
- 1985 BS - Physical Education with minor studies in Exercise Physiology and Corporation Fitness Programs
- 1989 East West College of Healing Arts
- 1978 AA Nutrition (Santa Monica CC)
Additional Certifications and Studies
- Sports Massage
- PNF (Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation)
- Trigger Point and Deep Tissue Therapy
- 2013 50-plus Rose City SUP Race winner
- 2006 Body Building Champion
- 1989-90 USA National Cycling Team
- 1990 National Gold Medalist
- 1989 & 1990 World Cycling Team Member
- 1988 Olympic Cycling Team Member (Alternate)
- Professional Ski Alpine Ski Racer
- California Windsurfing Champion 1975